According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the organization that has listed Groundhog Day predictions since 1988, only six of Punxsutawney Phil’s last 30 predictions were correct.
That’s a 20 percent accuracy rate.
Thankfully, Phil isn’t in charge of your condition monitoring program.
Consequences of inefficiency and inaccuracy
When it comes to machine assets, the consequences of inefficiency and inaccuracy (both in the quality of data and the interpretation of it) are far greater than another six weeks of cold weather.
Effective machine condition based monitoring (CBM) can help companies control maintenance costs in lean times and maximize their production during boom times. The performance of an in-house CBM program can decline quickly with leadership changes or when technical expertise is lost due to a reorganization or promotion. This often results in a less knowledgeable person taking over to the demise of the program.
Outsourcing doesn’t allow that to happen.
That’s why more and more companies are choosing to outsource their CBM programs. The following are signs that outsourcing your CBM might be exactly what your company needs:
Benefits of outsourcing your CBM program:
- You’re looking to save time and money A CBM provider partners with you to take the lead in a reduction in costs and an increase in efficiency. This professional support enables your team to focus on more value-adding matters.
- You’re interested in new innovative technologies It can be incredibly difficult to stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies in the field of CBM. An outsourced CBM provider can guide you through these technologies and help you decide which ones are right for your facility.
- You’re concerned about deferred maintenance Postponing a repair might seem like an easy decision for those with budget restrictions and aging facilities. However, deferring maintenance only delays the inevitable and can sometimes do more harm than good in the form of more damage, higher costs and longer downtimes. Through consistent service and the implementation of new technologies, an outsourced CBM provider can help to minimize the high cost of emergency repairs and equipment replacement.
- You’re unsure if you’re using best practices Staying up to date on the latest skills and techniques is difficult as the facilities maintenance field is forever changing at a rapid pace. A good, high-quality CBM service provider has the expertise to remain abreast of the industry’s best practices and implements them consistently and with ease.
- You’re interested in increasing responsiveness Too often, when a CBM program is managed in-house, maintenance issues are placed on the back burner and deferred maintenance becomes the new standard, unless the situation is considered an emergency. Using outsourced CBM providers generally increases the responsiveness of service.
At IVC Technologies, we proudly partner with companies all over the country, to provide them with the highest-quality CBM services in the industry. We keep your machines running at their best so you can focus on the more important aspects of growing your business. Contact us today to see how we can help you.